The lads over at TechConnect have managed to source an image of an upcoming motherboard from ASUS, not just any board but a high-end enthusiast oriented board based around Intel's yet to be released X48 chipset (X38 on steroids); this board to enter their ROG series lineup as the "Rampage Formula" which uses DDR2 memory. Also noted is that a DDR3 equipped "Rampage Extreme" will be launched by ASUS around the same time.
Delayed until February or not, the Intel X48 chipset will be the pride and joy of the Penryn builder and since it is "high-end" it will get to be featured in a couple of motherboards built by the Republic of Gamers' team. With the X48 pretty much done and very similar to the X38 Asus' new boards are practically finished and you can see one of them below.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 02:16 pm CST
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- Xbox Series X SSD was custom built by Microsoft for speed, flexibility
- Xbox Series X games are 'unlike anything you've ever seen before'