Here's something drool-worthy for ya'all, which as is usually the case happens to be out of reach for many of us due to the high price premium that comes with it.
Dell is about to update their existing 30" LCD panel with several enhancements, with the most notable being that of DisplayPort connectivity.
The new 3008WFP still runs at a native resolution of 2560 x 1600 but the amount of connectivity options are ten-fold. Aside from the addition of DisplayPort for a more futureproof design, you also get two DVI-D, one HDMI, one analog VGA, one composite video, one component video and also one S-video port. Phew, they certainly haven't missed out on anything this time around.
Dell plan to officially announce the new panel at CES 2008 on January 7 in Las Vegas. In the meantime you can find more details about the panel over at the Dailytech.
Gamers know that the massive 30-inch displays look great while gaming at resolutions of 2560 x 1600, assuming you have the video muscle to get playable frame rates.
There are several competitors in the 30-inch display arena and many of them are gearing up to put DisplayPort interfaces on their latest offerings. Dell New Zealand has a new 30-inch display on its website that offers a plethora of connectivity options.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- Dell's new Latitude 9510 laptop: built-in 5G, up to 30 hours battery
- Dell's new XPS 13: larger display and Intel's new Ice Lake CPUs
- Dell's new 86-inch 4K touchscreen is for the office, not Crysis
- Intel CPU shortages hurting Dell, which has just cut revenue forecast
- Dell announces new UltraSharp 42.5-inch 4K IPS monitor at CES 2020