In order to better combat high latencies on DDR2 parts, memory maker Patriot have come up with a 4GB quad kit comprising 4x1GB PC2-6400 (800MHz) modules which operate with lowly timings of 4-4-4-12 at 2.2V. If it's the best of both worlds you want in terms of ultra low latencies combined with plenty of RAM for those memory intensive games, this might be a nice option for you.
Fremont, California, USA, October 9, 2007 - Patriot Memory, a global provider of premium quality memory module and flash memory solutions, today announced the latest addition to their Extreme Performance line of gaming modules, the 4GB Quad Kit.
"The reasoning behind the launch of the 4GB Quad Kit was to provide high density solutions with fast timings," said Les Henry, Technical Director of Patriot Memory.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5 February reveal may not happen, Sony needs more time
- PlayStation 5 SSD speeds hit 9GB/sec with custom 12-channel controller
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech