Hitachi have announced a new series of hard drives today which are designed primarily to be used in devices such as digital video recorders and set-top boxes, this due to their low power. quiet acoustics and high reliability.
The new CinemaStar series include 3.5" drives in capacities of up to 500GB as well as 2.5" drives as big as 250GB.
For the full rundown on them grab Hitachi's official PR here.
HONG KONG - Nov. 8, 2007 - Debuting today, the newest members of Hitachi GST's CinemaStar cast of hard drives are ready for their close-up. Hitachi is offering multiple form factors to address a wide variety of needs in the growing consumer electronics market. A 3.5-inch drive with capacities up to 500GB provides industry-best power utilization and performance, while the more compact 2.5-inch drive is well-suited for use in sleek set-top boxes and portable digital video devices. Both drives are based on a Hitachi design crafted especially for the unique demands of recording and playback of audio/video content.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X SSD was custom built by Microsoft for speed, flexibility
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever