A new lineup of Deskstar HDDs have been announced by Hitachi this week which boast considerably lower power consumption and better overall efficiency over regular desktop drives with their variable spindle speed technology.
The Deskstar P7K500 line comprises drives in 250GB, 320GB, 400GB and 500GB capacities and Hitachi plan to start mass-shipping them before the year's out.
For full details head over to the Dailytech.
It's rare to find hard disk drive manufacturers focusing on anything other than increasing the speed and capacity of its products because those are the two features consumers look for in hard disk drive products. Hitachi has taken another approach to improving its hard drives by developing drives with reduced power consumption; specifically up to a 40 percent decrease in consumption.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Elon Musk thinks Tesla energy could be 'bigger' than Tesla EV business
- Seagate will have 50TB HDDs by 2026, 18TB and 20TB launch in 2020
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Gaming industry carbon emissions is equal to 85 million refrigerators
- Physicists discover how to make a second Sun, unlimited energy soon?