During IDF in Taiwan which started today, Intel was showing a demo of its three day old off the production line Quad Core Mobile Penryn processor. It was in a demo board and not in a laptop, but as these CPU's aren't supposed to be out until next year, it looks as if Intel has some time to get ready.
But the cool thing wasn't the fact that it was just up and running, but Intel was running a demo on the setup which consisted of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and it was running very smoothly. Have a look at the somewhat poor quality video below, as we sat quite far back from the stage.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 12:52 pm CST
- New Intel 10980XE review shows AMD Ryzen 9 3900X may actually stomp it
- The benchmarks Intel doesn't want you to see, 3950X stomps i9-10980XE
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Mobile is the apple of Activision's eye: 'It's our leading platform'
- Intel cancels 10nm on desktop, 14nm to hold out until 2022?!