GPU prices are totally out of control right now, but in Europe the pricing really is something else: AMD and NVIDIA graphics card pricing is insane.
AMD's new Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs are up to 101% over their MSRP, while NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs are up to 88% over MSRP. This is just crazy, paying double or more for a graphics card. Right now, the lower-end Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics cards are more expensive than what the Radeon RX 6900 XT should cost.
Over just the course of October 10 to October 29, AMD Radeon GPU pricing jumped up by 18% while AMD Radeon GPU pricing jumped up by 16%. GPU pricing isn't slowing down, but rather it is increasing. There's more people who want cards, and less cards available... you can do the rest.
- Read more: AMD Radeon + NVIDIA GeForce GPU prices hit 6-month high, 83% over MSRP
- Read more: AMD CEO Lisa Su expects chip shortages to ease in 2H 2022
- Read more: AMD on the CPU and GPU chip shortage: 'it's very, very good'
- Read more: Global chip shortage is now affecting routers: 60-week order delays
- Read more: NVIDIA warns you won't be able to buy a new GPU anytime this year
- Read more: Yeah, you might be waiting until 2022 to get a new NVIDIA or AMD GPU
- Read more: Sorry, but GPUs are going to be hard to buy until at least April 2021
Now just remember, we're looking at this data secured from some of the biggest retailers across Germany and Austria. GPU pricing can change between retailers, so it's not like this is every single retailer, across the entire of Europe. But, it's not far from it.
- > NEXT STORY: GoldenEye 007 gets unbanned in Germany, only took 24 years
- < PREVIOUS STORY: RIDE 4 'the most photorealistic game' on PS5: mind blowing in 8K 60FPS