AMD's next-gen Zen 4 laptop processors could be desktop-beating mobile beasts, with fresh rumors that the codename Raphael-H could debut next year with 16 cores.
The new Raphael-H processor would feature up to 16 AMD Zen 4 CPU cores, with leaker @Greymon55 on Twitter saying "As far as I know, Raphael-H does have 16c, and it's not the same thing as Phoenix-H". The 16-core Zen 4-powered Raphael-H processor would be competing against Intel's upcoming 16-core Alder Lake-S chip in 2022 and beyond.
Intel's upcoming Alder Lake-S mobile processor with 16 CPU cores will have a 45-55W TDP, which is not too damn bad considering you've got 16 cores under the hood there. AMD's next-gen Raphael CPUs and the new Raphael-H teased here today will be powered by the company's upcoming Zen 4 architecture. The new Raphael CPU will also be the first high-end desktop CPU with integrated RDNA 2 graphics, which should make it to the Raphael-M mobile CPU variant.
- Read more: AMD's new Zen 4-based Ryzen CPUs will have integrated GPUs
- Read more: AMD's next-gen RDNA 3 + Zen 4 architectures both launching in Q4 2022
- Read more: AMD's next-gen Zen 4 desktop CPUs will offer 16 cores max
- Read more: AMD Zen 4: next-gen CPUs with 128 cores, 256 threads + 12-channel DDR5
- > NEXT STORY: Compatibility may hold back Apple's monstrous M1 Max SoC from gaming
- < PREVIOUS STORY: $50 Switch Online: Aggressive pricing now, aggressive value to follow