If you choose to stick with WHQL certified ForceWare drivers for your GeForce 6/7/8 series graphics card and run Windows Vista, you may like to know that NVIDIA's latest 163.69 Vista drivers (both 32 and 64-bit) have gained WHQL status.
Some of the improvements with this driver are better compatibility with "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" games (which include BioShock, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, and World in Conflict), and improved performance for SLI in DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and OpenGL titles.
* WHQL Certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
* Improved compatibility and performance for NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
* Improved compatibility for The Way It's Meant To Be Played game titles: BioShock, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Hellgate: London, and World in Conflict.
* Added HD video post-processing for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 HD content on the GeForce 8500 and 8600 series GPUs.
* Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- New GeForce 442.50 drivers are fully-tuned for Apex Legends: Season 4
- Take-Two earnings slip 25%, but microtransactions and digital are up
- THQ Nordic now owns 163 IPs and employs 92 dev teams across the globe
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!