I've been writing for the last few hours as it's been happening in real-time about Facebook going down, and bringing with it Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. But at the same time, #DeleteFacebook was trending on Twitter alongside #FacebookDown.
As I went to take a screenshot for the article, #DeleteFacebook disappeared from Twitter's trending list for me, but you can easily search for the hashtag separately on Twitter and see thousands of people tweeting out about #DeleteFacebook.
It should come as no surprise if you consider Facebook is down just as a whistleblower exposes the company and some of its darker side, over 1.5 billion Facebook users' data up for sale on a hacker forum, and the fact that the entire service and its owned apps -- Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp -- are all down right now.
- Read more: Over 1.5 billion Facebook users' private info sold on hacker forum
- Read more: TikTok also down in major outage: joins Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp
- Read more: Facebook stock tanks hours BEFORE it went offline, whistleblower talks
- Read more: Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp are all down in huge worldwide outage
- > NEXT STORY: The Last of Us Part II added to PlayStation Now catalog
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Elden Ring will be 'very difficult,' FromSoftware warns