Previously known as "Barcelona", AMD's new Quad-Core Opteron processor family has been officially unveiled today with the first batch of quad-core offerings in the form of the Opteron 2300-series.
There's been a few bits and pieces leak out over the last couple months about the K10 / Barcelona architecture, but now that the wraps have been taken off there is quite a bit of coverage emerging with benchmarks and more; as per the below links :-
September 10, 2007 is a big day for AMD, however. Today is the day AMD is officially taking the wraps of their native quad-core Barcelona-based Opteron processors. While the Barcelona core does still borrow heavily from their last-gen processors, it incorporates a number of enhancements for increased performance and power efficiency.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- New Intel 10980XE review shows AMD Ryzen 9 3900X may actually stomp it
- ASRock unleashes its Hyper Quad M.2 PCIe 4.0 expansion card
- Intel Core i9-10900: 10C/20T at 5.1GHz coming on 14nm+++ in 2020
- Intel Core i9-10980XE: 18C/36T all cores at 5.1GHz boost
- The benchmarks Intel doesn't want you to see, 3950X stomps i9-10980XE