A mob by the name of QNAP have come up with the world's first NAS device suited to the purpose of delivering multimedia content directly to a XBOX 360 or Playstation 3, both of which have DLNA media playback abilities; making this an ideal partner for a console in a loungeroom.
The All-in-one NAS, TS-109 and TS-209 series have actually been available for some time now, however this new capability is made possible thanks to a new firmware update for the aforementioned devices.
Full details can be sourced here.
In the latest NAS firmware, the built-in TwonkyMedia is upgraded to version 4.4 to enhance the interoperability with PS3 and Xbox360. Users do not need to pay extra effort or money to install additional software for the new function. The new firmware is now available on QNAP website for free upgrade. According to Mr. Brian Lee, VP of QNAP Research & Development Dept, "The new generation TS-109 and TS-209 series break through the transfer rate bottleneck of traditional NAS by adopting the most advanced high-speed embedded 500MHz CPU and 128MB DDRII memory.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Final Fantasy game streaming subscription service might happen
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X