I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but the folks over at Nordic Hardware seem to be pretty assured of themselves in saying that X38 will not in fact be Intel's next flagship desktop motherboard chipset, X48 will.
X48?!?! It's the first i've heard of it too... It is said that X48 will hit the market roughly a few weeks after X38's launch, and will offer even faster performance with higher overclocking potential.
Of course this is all to be treated as rumour for the time being, but i'll be sure to cover any more concrete evidence that comes to light.
Rumors have started circulating about a chipset called X48 from Intel. It is supposedly an even better and faster chipset than X38. Intel X38 has been rumored to be God's gift to the overclocker, and X48 is suppose to be even better. While we can't confirm the "God's gift to overclockers" part (yet), X48 is indeed real and coming a few weeks after X38.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Acer Predator X38: curved 37.5-inch at 3840 x 1600 and 175Hz G-Sync
- Next World of Warcraft expansion 'Shadowlands' shown in EPIC cinematic
- PS5's boost mode is so powerful that some PS4 games can't handle it
- Lich King Bolvar stars in new World of Warcraft Shadowlands expansion
- Long live 'The Lion King' with our 4K Blu-ray giveaway!