DivX have finally found someone to embrace their new hardware based digital home media device for mass market, none other than D-Link.
D-Link's "DSM-330 DivX Connected" device works in a similar way to Apple's own "Apple TV" product in that it allows you to stream movies, photos and music from your PC to a TV set either through ethernet or wirelessly.
It is set for release towards the end of the year, pricing isn't yet known. Dailytech cover all the details on it here folks.
Many fans of digital media look forward to the integrated digital home where you can play media from your networked PCs such as music and video at one central location. There are some products out there that try to meet this demand.
Apple TV is one of the devices that allow users to stream video and music from a PC to a TV set for enjoyment on a larger screen. D-Link is better known for their networking devices than for streaming media to most people. Last week DivX and D-Link announced they have signed an agreement to release the first DivX Connected device.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Counter-Strike had 24 million monthly active users in February 2020
- Oculus Link cable is almost 1/4th the price of a Quest headset
- Coronavirus quarantine leads to 1 million Counter-Strike: GO players
- Former Facebook Creative Director Mike Booth joins Resolution Games
- Digital gaming earned $9.2 billion in February 2020, up 4% YoY