Before I even start, remember this is a technical playtest and not the final game -- but early reports from the Battlefield 2042 technical playtest report that the Xbox Series X version of the game runs better, smoother than the PC version of the game.
Battlefield leaker Tom Henderson tweeted out that he was receiving reports that "the Xbox version of the Battlefield 2042 tech test is much smoother than the PC version". The PC version of Battlefield 2042 on the other hand, once it launches, have NVIDIA-powered DLSS and Reflex technologies that will make it far superior than any console could ever wish to be.
It seems the console versions of Battlefield 2042 aren't perfect, as EA DICE had to pull the plug on the PlayStation 5 version of the Battlefield 2042 technical playtest over a "critical issue". The full game launches on October 22, so let's hope things are worked out by then.
- Read more: Check out this sneaky leaked Battlefield 2042 leaked gameplay video
- Read more: Battlefield 2042 PC specs for playtest: RTX 2060 or RX 5600 XT needed
- Read more: Battlefield 2042 could have 'development issues' says leaker
- Read more: Battlefield 2042 will have NVIDIA DLSS support, PC gamers rejoice
- > NEXT STORY: Check out this awesome 9-minute Battlefield 2042 short film 'Exodus'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony's old-school 1990s battle royale might be coming back on PS5