Xbit have sourced some more up to date info on NVIDIA's upcoming G92 GPUs, set for a launch date of mid-november.
It was originally rumoured that G92 would indefinitely be the next high-end / flagship series of GPUs to superseed the 8800 series, however several media reports are now suggesting the G92 chip will be more so positioned as a mainstream part, leaving the 8800 Ultra with the crown for some time yet.
Nvidia Corp., the world's largest supplier of discrete graphics processing units (GPUs), reportedly plans to update its lineup of chips in mid-November this year. While according to media reports the company has no plans to dethrone its high-end GeForce 8800 Ultra with the new code-named G92 product, it is highly unlikely that Nvidia has no plans to offer a new top-of-the-range product this fall.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- PlayStation 5 to outsell Xbox Series X in 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- PS5 may only enhance PS4 games, legacy PS1, PS2 and PS3 games unlikely
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5's cooling solution will make you quite happy, Cerny says