It's that time of the year, with the Hot Chips 33 technology symposium kicking off on August 22 for a huge 3-day online event. We'll hear all about delicious new technology, with a highlight on discussions with advanced
The organizers of Hot Chips 33 have confirmed an exciting schedule, where we will receive some juicy details on "Advanced Packaging" technology. Intel and TSMC will be discussing their "packaging technologies for chiplets and 3D" while AMD will only be discussing their 3D packaging technology.
Intel will be talking about its next-gen Alder Lake and Sapphire Rapids CPU architectures on day two of Hot Chips 33, which I'm sure is going to be a different deep dive than traditional ones where we hear about specs, performance, and all that jazz. The packaging technology side of things is probably going to get a total nerd-out, which is going to be awesome.
- Read more: AMD teases next-gen 3D V-Cache stack chiplet prototype, Intel killer
- Read more: AMD codename Milan-X CPU teased with X3D die stacking technology
- Read more: Intel confirms Sapphire Rapids CPUs will use HBM, drops in late 2022
- Read more: TSMC talks more about 3nm, hitting nails into Intel's Big Blue coffin
AMD will detail its Zen 3 CPU core during the second day of Hot Chips 33, while on day three of Hot Chips 33 we'll see Intel discussing its next-gen Ponte Vecchio GPU architecture, which will be great to see -- while AMD will be detailing its current-gen RDNA 2 GPU architecture.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64-Core, 128-Thread Unlocked CPU (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X)
- > NEXT STORY: Battlefield 2042 could have 'development issues' says leaker
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Halo Infinite ran at an average 1440p 111FPS on Xbox Series X