VIA have today announced the world's most power efficient x86 processor, this as a member of their VIA Eden ultra low voltage (ULV) family.
Using an idle power of a mere 0.1 watt, the processor runs at a speed of 500MHz and can be used in conjunction with VIA's ultra compact CX700/M system media processor which is an all-in-one digital media chipset that uses just 3.5w itself.
For further information you can read VIA's press release on their website.
Taipei, Taiwan, 23rd August 2007 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator and developer of PC silicon and platform technologies, today announced a 500MHz addition to the VIA Eden ultra low voltage (ULV) processor family. With an idle power of just 0.1 watt, the 500MHz VIA Eden ULV processor has been designed from the ground up to meet the low power requirements of a wide range of industrial, commercial and ultra mobile applications.
The new processor, along with several customer boards, will be showcased at the Embedded System Conference Taiwan, held on 23-24 August 2007 in Taipei.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SUPER rumored specs are ridiculously good
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becomes the best-selling Smash Bros. game
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds