EA and DICE have come out today announcing their official partners for Battlefield 2042, with the likes of Xbox, NVIDIA, Logitech, car maker Polaris, and WD_BLACK on supporting Battlefield 2042.
NVIDIA will be providing its amazing DLSS technology, which will provide better image quality and even more performance squeezed out of your GeForce RTX graphics card. Not only that, but you'll also have access to NVIDIA's in-house Reflex low latency technology.
Battlefield 2042 supporting NVIDIA DLSS is absolutely fantastic, as it brings it up to line with Call of Duty: Warzone which has DLSS 2.0 support and is the only thing that allows NVIDIA's flagship GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card to hit 4K 120FPS. Battlefield 2042 should now reach the realms of 4K 120FPS thanks to the newly-announced support for NVIDIA DLSS technology.
- Read more: Battlefield leaker on in-game graphics: 'it looks like a movie'
- Read more: DICE spent 3 years on weather + Levolution tech for Battlefield 2042
We don't know anything about ray tracing support in Battlefield 2042 just yet, but the inclusion of DLSS and Reflex would lead me to believe we will NOT be seeing ray tracing in Battlefield 2042 and that is a good thing. Battlefield 2042 is a hectic multiplayer shooter with next-gen graphics, weather effects, and technologies inside of the game.
There won't be any time to slow down and check out ray traced reflections when there's a tornado swirling off the coast and coming in to reign down hell on you and your teammates. There's no single player side of Battlefield 2042, so there's no real need for ray tracing -- DLSS is the most important technology that Battlefield 2042 needs to support.
The other partners that EA and DICE announced today include:
- The Official Battlefield 2042 PC Graphics Platform Partner - NVIDIA: EA and DICE's partnership with NVIDIA ensures the ultimate PC experience powered by next-gen GeForce RTX gaming technologies, the AI-powered performance boost of NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex's low latency mode.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Console Partner - Xbox: EA and Xbox have partnered to make Xbox Series X|S the official consoles of the game.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 PC Peripherals Partner - Logitech: EA and Logitech will work together to ensure players have Logitech integration for their gear, including Logitech's LIGHTSYNC technology for peripherals and in-game audio presets with optimized EQ for Logitech headsets.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Off-Road Vehicle Partner - Polaris: EA and Polaris have partnered to bring players the opportunity to operate authentic Polaris vehicles in the game, starting with the Polaris Sportsman ATV.
- The Official Battlefield 2042 Gaming Storage Partner - WD_BLACK: EA and Western Digital's WD_BLACK brand are committed to ensuring gamers have the best possible gaming experience for its vast new world of immersive and realistic maps, and dynamic game play.
- > NEXT STORY: EA says Xbox Series X/S the 'official consoles' of Battlefield 2024
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Doom Eternal on PS5, Series X: Dynamic resolution scaling, 60FPS RT on