Sabrent unleashed their performance-dominating Rocket 4 Plus 1TB + 2TB SSDs last year, offering an insane 7GB/sec (7000MB/sec) reads, and now those drives have some new firmware up for grabs.
The original version 1.1 firmware on the Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus has been updated, with a new version 1.2 firmware available for download on the official Sabrent website. There are a few issues with the new firmware, with early Sabrent Rocke 4 Plus SSDs now receiving some upgrades.
If you picked up one of Sabrent's super-fast Rocket 4 Plus SSDs closer to their release, you might have a drive with v1.1 firmware -- but most purchases after the initial waves should be v1.2 firmware and not needing the firmware update. For those who purchased early, that firmware update is now ready.
- Read more: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 4TB M.2 SSD Review
- Read more: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Read more: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
How to update the firmware on your Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus SSD:
- Visit the Sabrent website
- Type "rkt4p" into the search bar
- Click the download button on the right
You'll just need to run the update, but Sabrent tells me that the firmware-updating ability will come to Sabrent's own Control Panel software. This will makes things much easier in terms of updating, but for now running an executable is easy enough.
- > NEXT STORY: Cyberpunk 2077 v1.23 rolls out ahead of PlayStation Store relisting
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Halo Infinite MP details: bots on any map, weapon respawn timers