The next big thing we're waiting for when it comes to AMD is their upcoming "Barcelona" processor family, which will be the first quad-core CPUs to come from the AMD fab and will be based around next-gen K10 architecture.
The lads over at XBit have acquired some fresh information about the chips, with news also on a launch date which will apparently be September 10.
Pricing has also been provided, with the lowest-end model (Opteron 2348, 1.9GHz, 95W) coming in at $320 through to the big bad boy (Opteron 8356, 2.3GHz, 95W) shifting at $1550.
Head to XBit for the full scoop.
AMD's most impatiently awaited announcement is so far planned for September 10. This is when the new Barcelona processors - the first quad-core CPUs on K10 micro-architecture positioned for the server segment - are scheduled to come out. According to Digitimes, there will be two models launched on that day: Opteron 2348 running at 1.9GHz and Opteron 2350 running at 2.0GHz. Opteron 2354 processor working at 2.2GHz will be announced in October, and even faster Barcelona models are expected to come out later in Q4.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA pulls out of MWC 2020 over coronavirus, joins LG and Ericsson
- Amazon pulls out of MWC 2020 over coronavirus fears
- Sony joins the growing list pulling out of MWC over coronavirus fears
- MWC canceled over coronavirus, because we didn't see that happening
- Life Isn't So Good: LG drops out of MWC over coronavirus