The new Battlefield shouldn't be too far away now, with Battlefield 6 leaker Tom Henderson saying EA's ambitious new first-person shooter will be set during World War 3.
In a new tweet, Henderson says: "Battlefield 1 - World War 1. Battlefield V - World War 2. #BATTLEFIELD - World War 3". Henderson thinks that the new Battlefield will "take place after Battlefield 4" with a "near-future setting" where WW3 sees the USA vs Russia, and you're an "elite unit hired by these superpowers".
I think at this point it doesn't matter where, or when the new Battlefield game is set... it just has to be a great, kick-ass Battlefield game. After the last few dismal entries, EA and DICE need this... more so, Battlefield fans and gamers in general need (and want) a great Battlefield game.
Activision has experienced mega-success with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its free-to-play mayhem in Warzone, and now EA need to compete against Call of Duty with a truly next-gen Battlefield game.
- Read more: Check out the first leaked screenshots from the new Battlefield
- Read more: Battlefield leaker on in-game graphics: 'it looks like a movie'
- Read more: DICE teases 'jaw-dropping experience' for new Battlefield, reveal soon
- Read more: All-new Battlefield game announced for smartphones, tablets for 2022
We are also not far from the reveal of the game, which should be any day now -- with recent news seeing EA announce the new Battlefield game coming to PC and next-gen consoles as well as a "jaw-dropping experience" for the new Battlefield for smartphones and tablets coming in 2022.
- > NEXT STORY: Far Cry 6 has outfits that buff stats similar to Assassin's Creed
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Techland is taking your Dying Light 2 questions for new info video