A member of the NVNews forums has kindly given everyone the heads up that Microsoft have apparently released some rather useful and important updates for Windows Vista x86/x64.
The "938979 Vista Performance and Reliability Pack" comes in the form of two seperate updates (Windows6.0-KB938979-x64.msu @ 14.15mb and Windows6.0-KB938979-x86.msu @ 9.86mb), and the same goes for the "938194 Vista Compatibility and Reliability Pack" (Windows6.0-KB938194-x64.msu @ 3.65mb and Windows6.0-KB938194-x86.msu @ 2.13 mb).
To get the full rundown on all of the issues resolved along with performance improvements etc. check out terror_adagio's posting on the NVNews forums folks.
This update resolves a number of individual issues which may be affecting some computers running Windows Vista. These issues have been reported by customers using the Error Reporting service, product support, or other means. Installing this update will improve the performance and responsiveness for some scenarios and improves reliability of Windows Vista in a variety of scenarios.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Halo 1 PC beta tests, Halo Reach PC fixes delayed to undetermined time
- Call of Duty: Warzone update adds solo mode, and fixes in-game bugs
- Monster Hunter World PC and console updates will be synchronized soon
- It's hard to get excited about Stadia's first-party games and studios
- Halo PC cross-play won't happen any time soon