OCZ are catering to AMD owners looking to invest in an absolute crapload of memory, announcing a short time ago their AM2 Optimized "Quad Memory Kit", optimized for AMD's advanced memory controller.
Being a quad memory kit, it comprises 4x2GB modules which are designed for PC2-5400 speeds, each module covered by OCZ's titanium-mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreader.
For more information check out the press material on OCZ's website folks.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-July 23, 2007-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new high-density 8GB "Quad Kits." The new PC2-5400 Titanium 8GB (4x2GB) Quad Kits were designed exclusively for the AMD AM2 platform and are custom-tailored to the extended column address range of the AM2 memory controller. With a doubled page size, access penalties are reduced to ultimately improve system performance.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- G.SKILL releases monster 32GB DIMMs and respective insane memory kits
- G.SKILL's new 256GB DDR4 RAM kits for new Threadripper, Core-X CPUs
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Project Scarlett devkits aren't widely available yet
- Half-Life 4 announced: Valve confirms it cannot count to 3