Only a few days after Shamino broke the 3DMark06 record with a pair of 8800 Ultras, Kinc of Nordic Hardware responds quickly with a new record of 25,867 points using a pair of Radeon HD 2900 XT cards in CrossFire.
It's great to see the Radeon cards kicking so much arse, especially given the value of them is far cheaper than Nvidia's flagship 8800 Ultra. Kinc also currently holds the world record for 3DMark05 with his trusty CrossFire cards.
Nordic Hardware have the full story on his latest achievement here.
A few days ago Shamino made an attempt to take down Kingpin and claim first place at the ORB and the FutureMark Hall of Fame in 3Dmark 06, and he succeeded. He managed to reach 25,733 using a pair of GeForce 8800 Ultras, but the record didn't stand for long. Kinc has been benching for a few days now and been able to beat both Kingpin and Shamino and take first place at the ORB and now holds both the 3Dmark 05 and 06 records. The new record is 25,867 points. The graphics cards are (of course) two ASUS Radeon HD 2900 XT running in a CrossFire configuration alongside of an Intel QX6700 overclocked to 5029MHz.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- Riot's hero FPS Project A is called Valorant, class details leaked
- Riot's first-person-shooter 'Valorant' huge leaks, full reveal soon
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Doom Eternal smashes Doom series sales records, best-seller on Steam
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021