Timed to fill in the gap while they prepare K10, AMD will launch one more flagship desktop processor in the near future as a member of their Athlon 64 X2 family, this being a 6400+ model (pushing the current 6000+ off the pedestal).
The new chip will operate at 3.2 GHz with 2MBs of L2 cache, and according to sources it will be priced at somewhere around $220 to $250 USD.
Digitimes have the full scoop here.
AMD is preparing to launch a new high-end desktop processor, the Athlon 64 X2 6400+, which will be the last processor in the Athlon 64 X2 family, according to sources at motherboard makers.
Currently, AMD's highest-end desktop processor is the Athlon 64 X2 6000+, however with its performance unable to match Intel's upcoming Core 2 Duo E6850, AMD plans to launch the new 6400+ to cover up the gap in the market, noted the sources.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Half-Life: Alyx is basically practice for more Half-Life games
- Mass Effect wishlist: What we want to see in Mass Effect 5
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Here's a list of all cross-platform games, now that the PS4 joins in
- Extragalactic stars found from Milky Way's galactic collision course