Around a month or so ago Western Digital announced a new 750GB hard drive as a member of their Caviar SE16 family. Today they unveil another 750GB drive, this one catered to the enterprise-class segment.
The new RE2 (RAID Edition) 750GB HDD has a 3.0Gb/sec transfer rate, NCQ, 16MB cache, and as the name implies it is also finely tuned to work brilliantly in a RAID configuration.
for further details on it check out the press material over at Western Digital's website.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - July 17, 2007 - Addressing the needs for the growing enterprise market for high-capacity, highly-reliable storage, Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced it will be shipping its WD RE2 (RAID Edition) 750 GB hard drive this month. With 3.0 Gb/s data transfer rate, WD RE2 hard drives feature Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and 16 MB cache for high system performance.
"WD has continued to leverage its extensive experience from previous RAID Edition drives, to develop a hard drive perfectly suited for a variety of high-capacity enterprise applications. These drives demand high capacity, reliability, performance and advanced features," said Tom McDorman, vice president and general manager of enterprise storage, WD.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Magic Leap jumps the shark from consumers to businesses
- KIOXIA unveils enterprise-class storage solutions during CES 2020
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10