If you like cheese, there is one brand of cheese that has the potential be contaminated with bacteria that could be life-threatening.
According to a new listing on the Food and Drug Administration website, El Abuelito Cheese is voluntarily recalls all Queso Fresco (fresh, soft cheese) products as they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Listeria is a bacteria that the FDA website says "can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems." Symptoms include; high fever, severe headache, migraines, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, stillbirths in pregnant women, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- All Queso Fresco (fresh, soft cheese) products
States Products Was Sold In:
- El Abuelito Cheese brand: CT, NJ, PA, NY
- Rio Grande Food Products brand: VA, NC, MD
- Rio Lindo: NC, MD
For more information on this story, visit this link here.
- > NEXT STORY: Next-gen PS5-powered PSVR headset announced, won't come in 2021
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo's next-gen Super Switch rumored to include NVIDIA DLSS tech