We now have a much more solid number in terms of how many GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards that scalpers have purchased, and sold for profit: nearly 50,000 cards.
The news is coming from Chicago-based data engineer Michael Driscoll that reports that 49,580 Ampere GPUs were sold between eBay and StockX alone. Driscoll breaks this down into $61.5 million in sales on eBay and StockX with $15.2 million profit and $6.8 million for eBay, PayPal and StockX.
- 49,580 Ampere GPUs sold on eBay/StockX
- $61.5 million in sales on eBay/StockX for ~$15.2 million in profit for scalpers and $6.8 million for eBay/PayPal/StockX
- Sale prices increased 6-25% due to the tariffs, except for the 3090 which its scalped price was unaffected
- RTX 20, RTX 16, GTX 1000, and GTX 900 series cards all increased 33-100% in price since the launch of Ampere
- > NEXT STORY: How Control performs with ray-tracing on/off on PS5, Xbox Series X
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Here's our first look at the IKEA + ASUS ROG gaming desk, and more