Today Sony confirmed a few launch windows for PlayStation 5 games, including Square Enix's big new action RPG Project Athia, Capcom's new Pragmata IP, and other PlayStation exclusives.
Sony's recent CES 2021 livestream locked in a few launch windows for key first- and third-party PS5 games. According to the disclaimer at the end of the game sizzle reel, Project Athia, the ultra-fast and chaotic new action RPG from Final Fantasy XV developer Luminous Productions, is set to release in January 2022. The two-year exclusivity deal Sony signed will keep Athia off of Xbox for at least 2024. Project Athia will also come to PC though.
Capcom's new cerebral IP, Pragmata, has also been delayed to 2023 and will likely be exclusive to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S hardware.
Check below for a quick list of the games and their updated release schedules:
- Ratchet and Clank - 2021
- Horizon Forbidden West - 2021
- Hitman - January 2021
- Kena Bridge of Souls - March 2021
- Returnal - March 19, 2021
- Solar Ash - June 2021
- Little Devil Inside - July 2021
- Ghostwire Tokyo - October 2021
- Stray - October 2021
- Project Athia - January 2022
- Pragmata - 2023
- > NEXT STORY: Lucasfilm Games is back, but it's still not developing games
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Polish consumer protection agency is now investigating CD Projekt S.A.