Eeek, this certainly brings up cause for alarm. A PSU maker by the name of JSP Tech no doubt had a lot of people cringing at first glance of a new type of PSU they had on display at Computex last week. The PSU itself seems like your typical run of the mill 450W PSU, until you spot a friggin' WATERCOOLER inside of it, with tubes running out to a CPU block!
Water + direct power source = baaaaaaad. Even if it is supposedly pretty much fail-safe, i'm sure many of us wouldn't stop worrying about what would happen in a 'worst case scenario'.
ONE INTERESTING device that turned up at Computex is a watercooling PSU by JSP Tech.
Not much more to say about it, it is a 450W PSU that has a watercooler in it with a CPU block. It will retail for about $150 when it comes out in the near future.
On one hand, it makes a lot of sense, you have a direct external exhaust and a large area to put a radiator on. On the other hand, water + AC = bad. I will leave it up to the reader to decide if this is a good idea or not, but it certainly is different.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Hideo Kojima starts talking about his next game after Death Stranding
- Doom Eternal is massively replayable, to expand with content updates
- Valve boss Gabe Newell was a World of Warcraft gold farmer for a while
- PlayStation 5 Pro teased, with PlayStation 6 aimed at 2026-2027
- Doom Eternal's hub has classic armor sets and demon target practice