Though a lot of their focus is now on getting the next-gen Phenom processor range ready for launch, AMD are also aiming their attention toward a new series of processors which are much more energy efficient.
We've heard about the upcoming BE-2xxx series of Athlon X2 processors with only a 45W TDP, but whats even more impressive is a new Sempron 2100+ released today with a power consumption of just 9W. This makes it possible for the little single-core 1GHz chip to operate using basic fanless cooling methods, making it the first AMD64 processor that is capable of such.
More on it over at Tech Report.
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- May 30, 2007 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced an expansion of its Embedded Solutions offerings to include the new AMD Sempron Processor Model 2100+ and the AMD Geode LX 800 @ 0.9W Processor, which can now support designs to be deployed in harsh temperature environments. The addition of these new features in AMD's broad embedded product portfolio showcases AMD's commitment to delivering processor options that address the expanding and often unique needs of the embedded market. At the same time, AMD is delivering innovation on an industry standard platform, helping shorten design cycles and time to market.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- AMD's new Korean RRA certification listing: our new Big Navi tease?
- Hardly any devs are making next-gen PS5, Xbox Series X games
- Xbox Series X games are 'unlike anything you've ever seen before'
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says