With the inevitable transition to DDR3 for most of us in due course, OCZ are gearing up early on and have announced their first range of hand-tested DDR3 modules for enthusiasts. These comprise of some "Gold Series" memory kits in PC3-8500 (1066MHz) and PC3-10666 (1333MHz) flavours. they sport OCZ's gold-mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders and are said to be initially available as 1GB and 2GB kits.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-May 22, 2007-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced their official crossover into DDR3 memory to coincide with the recent launch of the Intel Bearlake Chipset. OCZ's hand-tested DDR3 solutions enable ardent enthusiasts to take advantage of the highly-anticipated P35 platform while experiencing the legendary quality and reliability of OCZ memory.
"For the past few years, we have highly anticipated DDR3, since it is everything DDR2 should have been from the very beginning," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "Being part of the task group defining the serial presence detect and extended feature set of DDR3 has further increased our commitment to the third generation of double data rate memory and we are ready to break some new performance records."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X SSD was custom built by Microsoft for speed, flexibility
- Xbox Series X 4K 60FPS made possible by Zen 2 CPU, says 3D Realms dev
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games