Ubisoft's online medieval fantasy brawler For Honor is the latest game to get free upgrades on next-gen consoles.
Today Ubisoft continued its promise of free next-gen upgrades for current-gen players. The publisher's long-running For Honor will get substantial enhancements on PS5 and Xbox Series X including 4K resolution (1080p 60FPS on Xbox Series S), 60FPS gameplay, and a bevy of visual upgrades. Anyone who owns the PS4 or Xbox One version of For Honor will get these enhancements via online updates free of charge. Oddly enough, fast-loading wasn't highlighted in the announcement.
Any content that's unlocked on current-gen systems will also carry forward as Ubisoft confirms cross-save/cross-gen progression. Ubisoft has yet to confirm cross-gen support, but expect this to happen at some point. We're also betting cross-play will be available soon too in order to maximize player engagement.
The new next-gen upgrades will be available early December after the PS5 and Xbox Series X release.
Check below for a quick list of the optimizations:
Next-gen console players will be able to experience the highest-level of graphical enhancements that For Honor has to offer. These enhancements, carried over from the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are now available, without compromises, on all next-gen consoles:
- Improved Water Reflections
- Improved Distance Level of Detail
- Improved Shadow Resolution
- Improved Texture Filtering
- 4K Resolution (Xbox Series X, PS5) / 1080 p (Xbox Series S)
- > NEXT STORY: Square Enix embraces cross-play and free PS5, Xbox Series X upgrades
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mortal Kombat 11: Mileena, free PS5, Xbox next-gen upgrades confirmed