A little birdie has sent the Inq some pics of a HDMI dongle that will be used in conjunction with AMD's upcoming R600 graphics cards.
Quite a simple design really. It's also been mentioned that AMD-ATI's mid-range and low-end RV610 / RV630 parts will be fully HDCP/HDMI compatible using this same method of connectivity as well.
OUR OWN WILY FERRET ran couple of HD2900XT stories earlier in the day, touching on the subject of HDMI dongle. This unique feature brings HDMI not just to high-end, but to the mainstream and low-end markets as well - without messing up the dual-display capability, which was a norm for first-gen cards with HDMI.
We asked around some of AMD's channel partners and managed to snag a picture of the dongle that will bring HDTV connectivity to the masses.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- HDMI cable with RGB lighting for up to $200, because why not?
- Xbox Series X HDMI pass-through currently not supported
- New Xbox Series X renders show ventilation and back ports
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- Xbox Series X rear ports spied during AMD CES 2020 keynote