As many of you know, DirectX 10 is set to be the new standard for PC gaming over the next 6-12 months, but what exactly does the transition to this new API bring us over DX 9? The folks over at LegitReviews have looked into it for us, also comparing screenshots of Age Of Conan in both DX9 and 10 modes to give you a clearer view of the improvements.
By now, we've all been beaten to death with DirectX this, DirectX that. What does it all mean??! Today we try to shed a bit of light into the subject of DirectX 10 vs. DirectX 9 and what impact gamers will see. This is by no means a comprehensive article, we're just touching on a few of the highlights and showing some screen shots from Age of Conan.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- DirectX 12 Ultimate announced: the gold standard for next-gen games
- AMD teases RDNA 2 silicon running DirectX 12 Ultimate ray tracing demo
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne smashes onto PC in January 2020