Corsair have unveiled a new family of ultra-durable USB flash drives today. Dubbed the Flash Survivor series these are designed to be very robust and will supposedly survive many forms of abuse no other flash drives would stand up to.
Heres a listing of what Corsair have done to make sure these usb drives are damn near indestructable :-
- 200 Meter Pressure Test - ISO 6425, Method 7.3.7
- Resistance to Salt Water - ISO 6425, Method 7.3.3
- Reliability Under Water - ISO 6425, Method 7.3.4
- Thermal Shock
- Washing Machine - One complete cycle
- Dryer - One complete cycle
- Forklift - 8,000 lb forklift
These tough lil' buggers are available in 4 and 8GB storage capacities. Head over to TechConnect for further info.
Dominator DDR memory manufacturer Corsair has just launched a new series of ultra-durable USB flash drives, nicknamed Survivor. Building on the massive success of the Flash Voyager line-up, the new (limited availability) Flash Survivor is an extremely durable, water resistant, drop-tested flash USB memory drive. By design it is perfect for transporting valuable data such as personal files, photos and applications without having to worry about damage or loss of data due to the elements. And by elements Corsair means anything from deep water (hence extreme pressure) and thermal shock to washing machines to forklifts.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- Xbox Series X SSD was custom built by Microsoft for speed, flexibility