Sound card maker Auzentech have struck a deal with Creative in which they will release a new sound card (dubbed the "Prelude 7.1") in the near future which will in fact use Creative's X-Fi audio processor. Along with all the features of the X-Fi incl. EAX 5.0, this card is also said to sport Auzentech's in-house developed Dolby Digital Live encoder and even the possibility of DTS Connect!
Auzentech this week announced the first third-party sound card featuring Creative Labs' X-Fi audio processor. The upcoming Auzentech Prelude 7.1 couples Creative Labs' EAX 5.0 with Dolby Digital Live multi-channel audio encoding technologies. Auzentech promises Dolby Digital Live encoding under Windows Vista with the Prelude 7.1.
Details of the Prelude 7.1 remain scarce, as the product isn't scheduled to launch until next month. Creative Labs' X-Fi initially launched with hardware acceleration, however, the latest X-Fi XtremeAudio lacks hardware acceleration, even while carrying the X-Fi name. It is unknown which X-Fi audio processor the Prelude 7.1 integrates.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Halo 6 is fine, 343i says don't worry about development
- Mike Laidlaw leaves Ubisoft, mystery game's future remains unknown
- Splinter Cell creative director returns to Ubisoft to shape new games
- Amazon yet to find Creative Director for coming Lord of the Rings MMO
- Former Facebook Creative Director Mike Booth joins Resolution Games