VIA have announced their tiny VT6047 Pico-ITX form factor reference mainboard design today, this thing measuring just 10cm x 7.2cm (more than 75% smaller then Mini-ITX).
Taipei, Taiwan, 19 April 2007 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator and developer of silicon chip technologies and PC platform solutions, today announced the VIA VT6047 Pico-ITX form factor reference design, the smallest full-featured x86 mainboard in the industry designed for a new world of ultra compact embedded PC systems and appliances.
The Pico-ITX form factor is the latest advance in VIA's proven record on platform miniaturization. The Mini-ITX mainboard, at 17cm x 17cm, which recently celebrated its 5th anniversary as an industry standard form factor with wide market adoption, was followed by the Nano-ITX form factor at 12cm x 12cm, exactly 50% of the size of the Mini-ITX. Now, the Pico-ITX, at 10cm x 7.2cm and 50% of the size of the Nano-ITX form factor, truly embodies VIA's "Small is Beautiful" technology design strategy of shrinking the form factor to drive the x86 platform into ever smaller systems and whole new device categories.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- The worlds smallest mobile color printer fits in your palm for $99
- World's smallest camera is the size of a grain of sand
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- This transforming football-like drone can be ballistically-launched
- Guerrilla dev: PS3's Cell CPU is by far stronger than new Intel CPUs