AMD/ATI have kicked off a new set of Catalyst drivers which significantly improves upon OpenGL performance in Vista across all X1000 series cards, as well as the addition of an Avivo Video Converter for Vista 32-bit and a bunch of other minor bug fixes in games etc.
OpenGL performance in Windows Vista improves for the entire ATI Radeon X1000 series of products in both single card and hardware Crossfire configurations. Typical Improvements of 15% or more can be seen games such as Doom 3, Quake 4 and Prey with enthusiast class products seeing improvements of 30% any beyond.
release of Catalyst introduces the Avivo Video Converter for the Windows Vista (32 bit) operating system. The Avivo Video Converter is a transcoder tool that provides a quick and easy way of converting videos from one format to another. The Avivo Video Converter found within the Catalyst Control Center, allows the user to select the input file, and output format, along with the quality level and file location. The Avivo. Video Converter accepts a wide variety of file formats as a source, and outputs to file formats such as MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX, WMA, H.264/AVC and more.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- NVIDIA GeForce 440.97 drivers are optimized for COD: Modern Warfare
- GeForce 441.08 drivers out: supports GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER and more
- GeForce 441.20 drivers are ready for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- New GeForce drivers ready for Detroit: Become Human, MechWarrior 5
- AMD Radeon 20.1.4 drivers are optimized for Warcraft III: Reforged