Transcend have just introduced a new family of IDE Flash Disks which are only 1" in size and have a tough outer metal casing suited to industrial PCs or set-top boxes etc. - They can be had in up to 8GB capacities.
For full details, the press release can be read on their website.
Transcend Information, Inc., a global leading company in flash memory products, releases the 1-inch IDE Flash Disks (IFD) series with capacity up to 8GB. Industrial PCs, Set-Top Boxes and other industrial computer systems are often required to operate in harsh environments. Transcend's 1-inch IDE Flash Disks are specially designed for use with specialist equipment in demanding industrial environments. With a tough outer metal case, enormous capacities, high reliability, low power consumption, and anti-shock features, the 1-inch IDE Flash Disk is ideal for use in the rugged environmental conditions that are often the norm in industrial settings.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X SSD: DRAM-less PCIe 4.0 NVMe with up to 3.7GB/sec speeds
- Flash: 150W USB-C power bank, powered by Tesla graphene batteries
- Xbox Series X SSDs may use Phison flash controllers
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech