These are pretty awesome to look at. A master photographer in Belgium has used some pretty damn serious camera equipment to take a bunch of super macro pictures of 25 oldschool CPUs (such as the 386, 486, AMD K6 and Pentium Pro chips).
Specializing in high speed photographic, macro-high speed photography, and DIY macro rigs, this collection of images by master photographer "fotoopa" from Belgium must be seen to be believed. For us though, these super macro pictures of 25 old CPUs are where its at. This must be one of the most complete records of the race to build the fastest CPU that burned brightest with the release of the 386 processor. All your first computers are here, the 486, the AMD K6, Wintel, IBM, the Pentium and our personal fav... the Pentium Pro. You've got to respect a CPU that weighs almost half a pound itself! Here are a few highlights to browse over, but be sure to look through the full catalog of CPU thumbnails.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- Xbox Series X SSD is revolutionary, changes Xbox gaming forever
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- Full Xbox Series X specs: 3.8GHz Zen 2 CPU, 16GB GDDR6, 52CU Navi GPU
- Xbox Series X 4K 60FPS made possible by Zen 2 CPU, says 3D Realms dev