ASUS dont seem to have a problem jumping the gun a bit, having already whacked up a press release on their website detailing a new card based on NVIDIA's upcoming mid-range 8600GTS graphics card.
It carries 256MB of GDDR3 memory with SLI support and 128-bit memory interface. The GPU operates at 675MHz whilst the memory's stock clock is at 1000MHz (2GHz DDR).
Official launch on the 83/85/86 series cards is in fact just around the corner now (April 17).
For further details check out the PR here folks.
Taipei, Taiwan, April 14, 2007 -The new ASUS EN8600GTS/HTDP/256M is a high-end graphics card that will be released and bundled with the much anticipated first person shooter game S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl. Equipped with 256MB of DDR3 memory and able to support NVIDIA´s SLI technology, the EN8600GTS is designed with the gamer´s graphics expectations in mind. With such high-end specifications, this graphics card has earned the accolade of being the official global bundle partner of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. In line with this, ASUS´s G1 gaming series notebook - testament to its gaming-oriented design, also features in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game itself.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha: mobo with 64C/128T chip costs $5000
- ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro X: 17-inch laptop with Xeon CPU, Quadro GPU
- ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ: 43.4-inch 4K 144Hz with DSC tech
- ASUS Zephyrus G15: first gaming notebook: AMD's Ryzen 7 4800HS teased
- ASUS teases 17.3-inch 1080p 240Hz external USB-C gaming monitor