Samsung have today brought the best of both worlds to the 2.5" enterprise storage market in terms of capacity and performance, having announced a new 200GB drive which spins away at 7,200RPM.
Although Fujitsu may be looking to solid-state storage (SSD) to replace 1.8" hard disc drives (HDDs), the market for fast 2.5" HDDs is still alive and well. Just last month, Fujitsu and Seagate announced 160GB 2.5" hard drives spinning at 7200RPM. Samsung has today upped the ante with a 2.5" enterprise 7200RPM HDD that boasts a capacity of up to 200GB.
The new SpinPoint MP1 Series utilizes perpendicular recording to achieve a density of 100GB per platter. The MP1 Series will be available in capacities of 80GB, 120GB, 160GB and 200GB and will support cache sizes of 8MB or 16MB.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Magic Leap jumps the shark from consumers to businesses
- Samsung executives jailed over destroying evidence in fraud cause
- PS5, Project Scarlett may use Samsung's 6th gen V-NAND NVMe SSDs
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech