Simon over at our TTGamer sister site has just finished reviewing Ridge Racer 7 for the PS3. If fast-paced arcade style car racing is your thing, this title's definitely worth a look, though it seems to fall short in a few areas bar the very tidy high-definition visuals.
In the words of Kaz Hirai, RIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEEEEEER is back and once again with the release of a Sony console we see Namco's flagship racing title make an appearance. However all is not well with the Ridge franchise - it's no longer a Sony exclusive and the PAL Xbox 360 launch title Ridge Racer 6 was only an ok title which had its share of problems. The biggest challenge for the developers was differentiating this game from the 360 title. RR7 may not be the best PS3 game around, but it's not the worst either.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Ridge Racer was the first PS1 game emulated on PS2
- Intel's new Horse Ridge chip: new cryogenic chip for quantum computing
- PS5 may only enhance PS4 games, legacy PS1, PS2 and PS3 games unlikely
- PlayStation 5's biggest features have yet to be announced, Sony says
- PlayStation 5 backward compatibility should support every PS4 game