AMD have kicked off a new mobile chipset today dubbed the M690. Designed for Turion 64 X2 dual-core processors, this platform incorporates an integrated Radeon X1200 GPU with DVI and HDMI, as well as enhanced power saving features.
To learn more about it have a read of the official PR on AMD's website.
Sunnyvale, Calif. -- 28th March 2007 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the availability of the AMD M690 chipset. Together with AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology, the new AMD M690 motherboard GPU technology further advances the mobile computing experience. The new platform enables leading global OEMs to design notebook PCs that provide users with better graphics and connectivity performance, increased energy efficiency for extended battery life and extraordinary overall value.
"With AMD's graphics engine expertise and our mobile processor leadership, AMD delivers a cohesive mobile platform for commercial and consumer customers that demand the Windows Vista Premium experience on the go," said Phil Eisler, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Chipset Division. "AMD CPU and GPU technologies work in tandem to deliver increased battery life for mobile workers and consumers who demand a superior graphics and multimedia experience wherever the road takes them."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- AMD Zen 3: 600-series chipset will have USB 4.0 support in late 2020
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts