As solid-state storage continues to rapidly expand in the market this year, Samsung add to the list with a new 1.8" 64GB SSD which is said to offer sustained read speeds of 65MB/sec and write speeds of 45MB/sec, these performance figures up slightly from their previous 32GB SSD drive which was released late last year.
For more details on it head over to the DailyTech folks.
The battle in the solid state disk (SSD) arena continues to get fiercer as Samsung has announced a new 1.8" 64GB SSD to accompany the existing 32GB unit. The new drive offers read and write performance that has been increased 20 percent and 60 percent respectively over the latter offering.
Samsung's new 64GB SSD takes advantage of SLC flash and offers read speeds of 65MB/s and write speeds of 45MB/sec. The older 32GB SSD drive introduced last year puts up numbers of 53MB/sec and 30MB/sec respectively.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Xbox Series X SSDs may use Phison flash controllers
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Only PlayStation 5 next-gen exclusives will tap SSD's full potential