Word from Microsoft has it they're very happy with the first month sales of Vista, doubling those of XP. Windows XP managed to rack up 17 million licenses within its first two months of availability while Windows Vista hit 20 million within the first month.
Microsoft is touting early sales figures for Windows Vista as testament to the operating system's new features and security enhancements. According to Microsoft, the sale of Windows Vista licenses more than doubled those of Windows XP during its first month of availability.
"We are encouraged to see such a positive consumer response to Windows Vista right out of the gate," said Windows Business Group VP Bill Veghte. "While it's very early in the product lifecycle, we are setting a foundation for Windows Vista to become the fastest-adopted version of Windows ever. Working with our partners, we are helping our customers leverage new tools and programs to accelerate the transition and provide a great user experience."
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- CD Projekt RED has no reason to sell to Microsoft