According to the Inquirer, NVIDIA's upcoming 8800 Ultra is basically ready to launch right now, but they've got it on hold as they plan to somewhat 'spoil' the launch of AMD/ATI's X2900 (R600) in the near future.
NVIDIA IS HOLDING onto the release of its 8800 Ultra card until it can spoil the launch of the ATI X2900 (R600) series.
That well known source, Mr Internet Rumour Snr (seen here plying his trade in Taiwan), has suggested that the 8800 Ultra could go for a staggering $999. Other members of Mr Rumour's extended family have nonetheless suggested that the 8950 GX2 is more likely to make an appearance, being two 8800s strapped together with a bridge chip.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- HBO Max puts a ring on Green Lantern & DC 'Strange Adventures' TV show
- Xbox Series X may enhance Xbox 360, OG Xbox games too
- PlayStation 5 to support 8K gaming, Sony confirms
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare data mining finds 38 new maps, 23 modes