Antec have announced today a new external hdd enclosure which has advanced active cooling with minimal noise. Dubbed the MX-1, this enclosure can be connected either by means of USB2 or eSATA and is of course covered by Antec's 3 year warranty.
For full details grab the press release folks.
Fremont, CA - March 27, 2007 - Antec, Inc., the leading global brand of high-performance computer components for the PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, has launched MX-1 as part of its VERIS Media Components line. MX-1 is a high performance portable hard drive enclosure with advanced active cooling and ultra-quiet operation.
MX-1 is equipped to continuously operate with a blower fan that directs air from the top vents and channels it around the hard drive (HDD) for maximum cooling to prevent overheating and protect data. This improves on less advanced systems by funnelling cool air around the hard drive as opposed to customary fans that blow air without strategic paths. The channelled air keeps the hard drive up to 15 degrees Celsius cooler, improving the hard drive's stability and increasing its long-term reliability.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:05 pm CDT
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Antec reveals slick new Performance P120 Crystal mid-tower case
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- PS5's SSD is 'exceptionally powerful,' may beat Xbox Series X speeds